Sunday, September 26, 2010

There Was A Party In Heaven

On Monday, heaven threw a huge party. My sweet Papa was able to reunite with my Mama and many friends and family members as well as meet Jesus face to face! I wish I could have seen the smile on his face as he walked through the pearly gates. Heaven is where he belongs. He was a simple man, but one who touched the life of just about everyone he came in contact with. He was a preacher in the church of the Nazarene and a high school English teacher. He and my Mama were married for 66 years and raised 4 children. My Mom is the youngest "Northcutt" child. He was a very tall man who always wore a suit and tie. Everyone laughs that he actually mowed the lawn wearing a tie! The words that best describe my Papa are found in Galatians 5:22, "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self control." Most of us have to work really hard to have these traits, but Papa seemed to come by them naturally.


I am so grateful that Olive and I were able to see him in August. I will never forget when he looked at her and said, "Well, that's a pretty little girl."
At the funeral home, they had a big picture of Mama and Papa. When we walked in Olive, pointed at it and said "Papa". She kept repeating it over and over. It makes my heart smile to think that she remembers him!
I am so blessed to have such an amazing example of how to live. We love you Papa and you will be missed until we see you again! You will get to give us all the heavenly tour when we get there. I bet your backyard there is even more beautiful than the one on earth. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment