Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentine's Day

I LOVE Valentine's Day.  I remember hating it as a kid and spending lots of time stressing when addressing my class Valentines because I didn't want to accidentally give some boy the impression that I liked him!  That would be tragic!  But since I have been married and especially since having Olive, I have love love loved the love holiday!  I think it is important for those we love to know it all the time and I do my best to make sure that is true, but something about dedicated 14 whole days to making them feel super special is so fun!  For Olive we put a little sign on her closet door that said "We love so many things about Olive!" and each day we would add a characteristic or trait to a sticky heart and she would get to put it by the sign.  She LOVED this.  Every day she would say "Let's read my hearts!" and we would read aloud all of the things we love about her.  I hope she still appreciates this when she is in the awkward years! Ha!
 
 My Dad and sister used to tease me that cheesy was my middle name and I am fine with that! Especially when it comes to February!  I made little tags for Stephen and left them places for him to find.  Some of them had little treats that matched the card, some were just found.  I hope he knows how much I appreciate him!
 Olive is very into arts and crafts these days and she was pumped to make Valentines for just about anyone she saw! She made special little love bugs for Honey and Mica and mailed one to baby Luke for his first Valentine's day.  And we made special bubble Valentines for her class. 
 On Valentine's Day we had a special festive lunch complete with a heart sandwich with pink sprinkles and a pink milkshake.  I love this girl to pieces!
 We got to spend a little time in the afternoon with my sweet cousin Rhonda and her husband Charles who were in town for the Thunder/Heat game that night.  We met them at Pinkitzel downtown and enjoyed a yummy cupcake.  When we got home, Daddy had surprises for us!  He had gotten beautiful flowers for Olive and I and a bunch of balloons for little miss!  She was so excited!  We decorated the dining room with all of the balloons.  Stephen said it kind of resembled a junior high dance.  I prefer to call it Cupid's Wonderland.  We ate a special supper as a family and enjoyed being together. 
I hope that you felt the love on Valentines day too! 
1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love.  
But the greatest of these is LOVE."

No comments:

Post a Comment