Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nora Kate Update

I posted this picture on Instagram a few weeks ago and realized that I have done a terrible job of keeping up with this pregnancy on the blog!  I am now 33 weeks and counting!  This sweet girl will be here before we know it!  
So here are the "highlights":  We chose a name a while ago that we all really love.  Her name will be Nora Kate.  We had intended to call her Nora, but Olive says the full name everytime and I love how it sounds, so I think we will call her by her full name.  And not just when she is in trouble! :)   My first name is Nora and I am named after my great grandmother Katie Nora, so we thought it was very fitting to use the name.  It was my Dad's grandma and I think it is a great way to link her to him since she will never meet him.
This pregnancy has been very similar in some ways to Olive and very different at the same time.  For the most part, after 20 weeks, I have felt great!  I am so grateful for that!  Recently I have started sleeping terribly and that doesn't exactly make me feel great, but I don't feel awful, so I will take it! 
Nora Kate has been measuring within a fingernail of Olive's measurements at the same point in pregnancy each time so we will see how big she is!  We have reorganized their closet and have gotten all of Nora Kate's clothes washed and put where they belong.  Stephen and I can't believe Olive actually wore clothes so small!  Now we just need to start mentally preparing for having a newborn again.  We can't wait to meet her!   

No comments:

Post a Comment