Thursday, April 11, 2013

Throwback Thursday Dano Style

As we are getting closer and closer to Nora Kate's arrival, I am having such mixed emotions.  I am beyond thankful that Olive got to know her Dano for almost 2 full years.  I know that she has memories of him that will be with her forever.  She talks about him and knows that he is in heaven with Jesus.  But I hate that Nora Kate will never know him on this earth.  It stinks.  Dano thought the world of Olive and I know he will be looking down over Nora Kate too.  And one day they will meet in heaven, but for now we will just have to tell her lots of stories about him!  
   The day that Olive was born, we went into the hospital in the middle of the night.  After getting all checked in and settled in our room, I called my parents to let them know.  I remember Dad's sleepy voice answering the phone.  I said "today is going to be Olive's birthday!"  And him responding, "but it isn't even light yet!"  Ha!  But they were there about an hour later, anxiously awaiting the arrival of their first grandchild!  He had such a gentleness about him when he was with her and you could see how much he loved her by the way he looked at her.  Such precious memories that make my heart smile. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment