Friday, November 25, 2011

November projects

I have always had a thing for fall decorating. It is really close to being as great as Christmas decorating for me. I love the colors, the textures, the smells, all of it. This year Olive and I worked on a few extra projects to add to the decorations.
A paperbag turkey, painting made with leaves and a simple square turkey were made with pride.
We also made this cute "Thanks" banner to hang on the mantle. Everywhere I look, banners and buntings are such a big deal, so we made our own. I bought chip board letters and covered them with scrapbook paper. Olive got to paint and glitter some simple fall wooden shapes. She was so proud! Anytime someone came over, she would tell them "I made it!" and point to the pumpkin.

My favorite project is one that will become a family tradition. I know lots of people do different ways to record what they are thankful for. We made a blessing board from a cheap framed picture. We took the picture out, put scrap book paper in and glued on leaves that Olive had painted. Every night before bed we would sit down and talk about the things we are most thankful for and then we would pray and thank God for these blessings. Most nights, the same things emerged, but we ended up with a pretty good list. I loved her honest answers about what she was thankful for!

It was a little sad to take down these special projects today, but knowing what comes next, it makes it okay! On to some Christmas projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment