Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Do You Know The Muffin Ma'am?

I have a little baker on my hands! Which is funny because if you know me well, you know that I am not exactly Susie Homemaker, especially when it comes to cooking. But, I have been trying a lot more lately and Olive insists on helping when I do. She had asked to make brownies the other day and I told her we would bake this week. I decided today was the day and since there was a can of pumpkin in the pantry SCREAMING to be used, we made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Now, my Mom makes the BEST pumpkin bread in the whole entire world (best chocolate chip cookies, too) but she was at work so I couldn't ask her for the recipe. And I tore my kitchen apart looking for it with no luck. So, what did I do? Turned to pinterest, of course! I found this recipe at http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2011/09/delicious-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html. They are good, not as good as Mom's, but very tasty. Olive wanted to do everything herself which made this a very interesting and messy day. And all of these pics were taken on my phone because I only had one hand!
First you add the flour.
Olive tip: "Shake the measuring cup to get it all out"
Then a couple of steps later, you add the cinnamon.
Olive tip: I am not sure why my Mommy says cinnamon, it is more fun to say "cimma-meeeen"
And then you violently shake the pumpkin can to try to get it out.
Olive tip: If this doesn't work, have your Mom help you scrape it outThen it was time to add the chocolate chips.
Olive tip: When your Mommy goes to open the bag a little more, sneak a few chocolate chips. Olive tip: And then get some out of the bag! I promise, it is good stuff! Then it was time to mix it all together. I tried to give Olive a spoon, but she preferred to use the tsp. it was more her size.Next you add the mix to the muffin tins.
Olive tip: Don't sling it around, your Mommy won't like having pumpkin goo all over the cabinets.
I let her fill most of them by herself. She could not have been more proud of herself. Happy little baker!
They turned out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment