Thursday, June 3, 2010

Big Girl Pool

After the disaster of the small swimming pool, I did what every smart and prepared Mom does... I took her to the big swimming pool with friends!
I thought maybe if she saw other kids in the water, she would be more interested and then we could try the little pool (the new one, of course) later. At first she didn't even like me standing in the water with her. So, we sat on the concrete and splashed in the puddles and watched for a while. Then we slowly made our way into the water. She held her feet up in a sitting position every time I tried to put her feet in the water, but eventually her little toes got wet. Then her legs, then she sat on the step!! I was so happy, I really thought our little incident in the backyard may have ruined our summer. But there is hope! She didn't want to have anything to do with the floating raft, but we will take it one step at a time. She loved playing with the little toys on the steps. Thank you Anna, Avery, Luke, Bethany, Nolan, Salyer, Tara, Luke and Nick for helping her enjoy the pool today!

The cutest little fishies...Luke, Salyer, Olive, Avery, Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment