Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ode To Eisenhower

Today as my precious Eisenhower friends are starting back to school, and I am not with them, I thought it would be fitting to do an "Ode to Eisenhower" post. I have resigned with NPS to take a position teaching online school with a charter school. I am very excited about this new opportunity because it is allowing me to be home with Olive, however, leaving Eisenhower has been a very hard thing to do. You see, Eisenhower isn't a regular school, it is a magical learning community filled with the most amazing people! It is truly different and it is because of the founding principles, the heart of the teachers and the amazing tradition. I am so blessed to have gotten the chance to teach there for the past 6 years! I am a different person because of the influence of the people at Eisenhower. I rounded up pictures from my time at Ike to share and most of them we are wearing costumes, that is part of the fun of being a kindergarten teacher.


K team 06-07 Halloween

Danee', Deanna, Kim, Sara (Lindsay wasn't here for this pic)
Apparently, "back in the day" a few of the teachers got the idea to turn their school shirts into t-shirt dresses, so thanks to a little idea prompting from our principal, our team did this for our Halloween costumes. Stephen's Mom sewed all of the dresses for us!


Halloween 2007

The characters from Mrs. Wishy Washy

Lindsay, Danee', Kimi, Kim F., Casey

Kim F. was our fabulous long term sub for Deanna when Molly was born.


Wacky Wednesday 2008

Deanna and Danee'
I am not sure when this pic was taken, but it always makes me giggle! It was pouring down rain so we had put our hoods up and stuck our purses in our jackets! Apparently I have a BIG purse!


Halloween 2009

"Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate!"

Kimi, Maggie, Danee', Michelle and Lindsay


The hardest part for me to "leave" is getting to do all of the extra fun stuff with the kids! Like having Johnny Appleseed come to visit. Stephen has always been a very convincing Johnny Appleseed!


And performing skits so that the kids believe that I am a real princess!

Fabulous friends at the Teacher of the Year Banquet 2009

Shannon, Julie, Danee', Audrey and Deanna

(please note that I am pregnant in this pic, not just chubby!)


Back to School Night 2009

Maggie, Danee', Kimi, Lindsay and Lynette

Lynette was my long term sub when Olive was born. Because she was born in August, I missed the first few months of school. I wanted to be a part of BTSN though, this picture was 12 days after she was born! Man, I look TIRED!!Wacky Wednesday 2010


Maggie, Lindsay, Kimi and Danee'

Olive got to come to school to visit my class in May. They had been asking me to bring her for "sharing" all year. They were SO EXCITED to meet her :)




Every summer, the past and present Eisenhower teachers are invited to Grand Lake to the first principal of Ike's home for a fun long weekend. It is such a great experience building relationships with past teachers and learning how things used to be done and why. It is a great honor to be able to spend time in Judi's home knowing that she is one of the main reasons Ike is as wonderful as it is, is because of her vision and hard work. It is also a lot of fun!


This is the Lake Group Summer 2010 Wacky Wednesday 2011

Danee', Somer, Kimi, Maggie, Lindsay, Sarah

We were blessed this past year to have WONDERFUL assistants, Somer and Randie. Randie was taking the picture instead of being in it.


Celebration of Bob Day~ May 2011

During Spring Break, our wonderful music teacher, Bob, passed away. He was a very incredible person who touched every child and teacher he came in contact with. His love of music and passion for teaching was second to no one! At the end of the year, we held a special celebration of Bob. One of the parents at school made special shirts to help remember him.

Caboose!! Get it? Ha!




I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity to work at Eisenhower! I met the most incredible teachers and families who have changed my life. Some of my closest friends are fellow Ike teachers. I love each one of you dearly! Thank you for changing me! I hope that you have a wonderful school year! The children who are lucky enough to go to Eisenhower have no idea how blessed they are to have such incredible teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment