Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of "School"!

Today was Olive's first day of Mother's Day Out. I have to admit, I was so nervous about this. We were so blessed to have Miss Terri keep her since she was 4 months old! I knew that was a blessing, but I didn't realize how big until we started talking about "school". Now, I know that there are Moms sending their sweet babies to real school and I can't imagine what that feels like! Olive woke up this morning in a weird mood and she was really clingy and cried most of her morning routine. This is really unusual because morning is usually her favorite time. I was able to convince her to let me put her down for long enough to get some pictures on the front porch! I want to start the tradition of front porch first day of school pictures!



Hmmm...do I want to go to my new school or not? That is the question.

Doesn't she look thrilled?

Getting ready to get in the car, she cheered up a little bit for a picture with Daddy!

I think this picture sums up how anxious she was! If you have ever been in the car with Olive, you know that sitting quietly and staring is not the norm.

When we got into the parking lot, there was a Sherrif's car with it's lights on that had pulled someone over and considering her fascination with "emergencies" this was a great distraction.

I think that God gave us the parking space that we got because there was a very sweet little girl getting out of the car next to us who is in Olive's class and she smiled at Olive and said hi!

When we got into the class, she was very timid and just watched what was going on. I tried to point out everything special and wonderful about the classroom in an effor to convince her that she was okay.

I tried to get her to play with blocks, but she just wanted to sit in my lap. Luckily, her new friend starting playing in the kitchen and Olive wanted to join her. This is what she was doing when we left! I was so thankful there were no tears or a major breakdown!

Who knows what will happen Wednesday morning when she goes back, but we will take what we can get! I can't wait to pick her up this afternoon and to find out how her day was!

No comments:

Post a Comment