Saturday, October 23, 2010

Get Well Cookies

Stephen had shoulder surgery on Wednesday and is still recovering. He is doing great and we are so grateful the surgery went well! Olive and I (well, I) decided to make his favorite cookies for him in an effort to make him feel a little better. And, I know everybody else makes homemade cookies, but here at the Link house...we rely on Pillsbury! 3 ingredients and you're done!
"Okay Mom, it says the butter needs to be softened."
Adding the box mix.
Ooey Gooey Eggs
The mixer was a little loud, so she opted for the "being held by Mom" view.
*Side note, I have a really nice stand mixer, but somehow I did something to it and it won't mix anymore,
so we used the handy dandy hand mixer.*

"Can I taste the batter, please?"
She got so mad at me when I wouldn't let her.
Waiting...waiting...waiting...
"Daddy! We made you cookies to help your arm feel better! "
Giving Daddy some love. I love how she is touching his face! Clearly he is loving it!
All done! Turn off the oven.
Then she had to sample one. She couldn't take her eyes off the Sooner game,
but really enjoyed the cookie!

We love you Daddy! We hope that your shoulder gets better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment