Friday, October 26, 2012

Olive Has BIG News!

Olive has big news to share...
 

We are so excited to welcome Baby Link #2 in April!  We shared the news with Olive the night before we told our families because we were afraid she wouldn't be able to keep the secret for long.  Her reaction was so priceless and I got in on video, but the video won't upload.  Let's just say there was a lot of squealing, jumping up and down and covering her mouth with her hands!

We told our families the next day and they were equally excited!  We took Olive with us to the 12 week ultrasound and I so wish someone could have been there to video it.  She was really apprehensive about going into the room and very concerned about what they were doing to Mommy.  But when she saw the baby on the screen, she got the most precious look on her face!  The baby was waving it's little arms around and she said "She's waving to me!" and started waving back.  It was one of the most incredible moments.  She was so excited.  She kept squeezing Stephen and just staring at the screen completely mesmerized.  
Olive has it in her mind that she is having a baby sister.  In fact, that is the only option she is willing to discuss.  We have tried to talk about baby brothers, but she cries and says "I want her to be a girl."  She has recently decided that if she did get a baby brother, she wants two babies, a girl and a boy.  Pretty sure that's not going to happen!  I told her that God may have chosen to give us a boy baby and that we would love it just the same as a girl baby.  Her reply, "nope, God went to the baby store and chose a girl baby for us."  About another month and we will be able to find out if she is right or not! 
As I type this, I am 15 weeks along.  I want to be better about documenting things about this pregnancy here, but I am not making any promises!  When I was pregnant with Olive, I was nauseated ALL the time but I didn't get sick much.  This time around I have been really sick.  I know this is a blessing and that I should be grateful because it means everything is okay but it is hard to have that attitude all the time when you feel crummy.  It is getting a little better and I think I can see the light at the end of the morning sickness tunnel, at least I hope I do!  Everyone had told me that with the second, you were so much more tired because you chased the first one around all day.  I have been tired, but our schedule is SO much better than when I had Olive that it hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected. We are beyond thrilled to bring another Link into the world and all of the adventures that will come with having 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment