Thursday, December 27, 2012

Gingerbread House

Last week one of Olive's advent activities was to build a gingerbread house.  We had gotten the kit about a week before and she had asked to build it every day since.  She was thrilled when she opened her advent and it said "Build a Gingerbread house", I am pretty sure she screa-quealed which is this lovely sound she makes that combines a scream and a squeal.  My friend Anna told me that they use hot glue to hold the walls together and then use the icing to stick on decorations.  BRILLIANT!  It lowered the stress level of building it significantly!  Mommy's brain is still not functioning properly and so we had a little incident with the icing bag, which resulted in a big mess and our icing looking like a total disaster, but Olive didn't seem to mind! Ready to get started!
 Everytime I would spread the icing with my finger she would say "lick it! lick it!" Apparently that is what they did at school when they built them!  I told her I didn't want to lick it, but that she was welcome to and she took full advantage of the opportunity!



 She was so proud of the finished product!

 It is definitely not a masterpiece, but it is OUR masterpiece! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment