Sunday, December 9, 2012

38 is Great!

Stephen's 38th birthday was on November 20th! He has always been one to not want to make a big deal out of his birthday.  But Olive and I decided this year that that was simply not going to work for us.  He works so hard and does so much for us and I never feel like we can thank him enough, so we decided to celebrate him for an entire week! The first day, he got this note explaining what was to come and a plate full of his very favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookies wtih pecans. 
All week we showered him with little gifts and a daily handmade masterpiece, aka card.  Olive loved this!  It was so fun to see how excited she was to celebrate him! Everyday when he got home, she would run out to the garage and drag him in to see his card and surprise.  On his actual birthday, I don't think he was really expecting anything since he had gotten gifts all week!  For YEARS he has been wanting a bench at the end of our bed to sit on when he puts his shoes on, etc.  I, however, did not want a bench because I was afraid it would just become a laundry collector!  But one day I was shopping with my Mom and we found a bench and she guilted me talked me into getting it for him! It fits nicely at the end of the bed and I have to admit that I kind of like it now.

 Olive was SO excited for him to see it!  He got home late on the night of his birthday and she was about to bust!  When he walked in, I think you can tell how shocked he was! I think he even said "do we get to keep it?" ha!
 Trying it out...

 After supper, we had to reveal to him the UGLIEST birthday cake ever made.  We had several malfunctions happen while making the cake and it was hideous.  It tasted great though and that is all that mattered!  And Olive was proud that she "maked" it for him!
I think Daddy's Birthday Week may become an annual tradition in our house!  He really does deserve a full week of celebration!  Happy Birthday Stephen!  38 is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment