Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Johnny Appleseed!

September 26th is Johnny Appleseed's birthday! Being a kindergarten teacher, I just can't help myself but to celebrate this event. The Johnny Appleseed celebration was one of my favorite things to do in K and I just had to do something special. We invited Eleanor and Lorelei over to help celebrate!
In true Johnny style, the girls went barefoot for the celebration!
Lorelei even got in on the hat wearing action!
Since this was a birthday party, we had to have "cupcakes"! Also known as apple strudel muffins. The girls thought these were pretty yummy. (I agreed)

Eleanor Appleseed posing for the camera.
Then we did a little apple gluing project!
Eleanor stuck on as many apples as she could!
Olive had to get in a good gluing position.
The final project of the day was painting with apples. I was worried that this might be a total messy disaster, but they really did great! They loved it!
Thanks for coming over Eleanor! We had so much fun celebrating! Happy Birthday Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment